Mardi Brass present their own take on popular Christmas carols, with the dynamic King's Lynn Festival Chorus, under the baton of Tom Appleton. This recording includes a première of "See Christmas All Around us Shine" written by Ed Maxwell, alongside their own quirky and lively arrangements of well-known classics.
Mardi Brass is a versatile and dynamic brass quintet which performs music in a plethora of musical styles spanning six centuries. Since its founding in 1992, the group has performed throughout Britain, thrilling audiences with its blend of music and humour. Performance venues have included London's Purcell Room and the Edinburgh Fringe; the group has also appeared on BBC1, BBC2, and numerous radio stations.
King's Lynn Festival Chorus, under the direction of Tom Appleton and assisted by pianist and composer John Byron, is one of the UK's most talented and dynamic community choirs. As well as being resident choir for the prestigious King's Lynn Festival, it performs concerts throughout the year to large audiences in King's Lynn and beyond.
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing (arr. Maxwell)
- Ding Dong! Merrily on High (arr. Woolf)
- Once in Royal David's City* (arr. Woolf/Maxwell)
- Silent Night (arr. Woolf) Joy to the World (arr. Maxwell)
- O Little Town of Bethlehem* (arr. Maxwell)
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (arr. Woolf)
- In the Bleak Midwinter (arr. Woolf)
- Away in a Manger (arr. Woolf)
- Angels from the Realms of Glory (arr. Woolf)
- Hush-a-Bye (BGA Woolf arr. A Woolf)
- See Christmas All Around Us Shine (Maxwell)
- The First Noel (arr. Woolf)
- O Come all ye Faithful (arr. Woolf)